Population Characteristics by ZIP Code: A Story Point Data Viz about San Antonio, Texas (Bexar County). Chosen as Tableau’s “Viz of the Day” on August 3, 2017.
There are additional Tableau data visualizations about San Antonio topics by ZIP Code, including but not limited to:
- Citizenship, naturalization, and English language proficiency;
- Educational aspects (e.g., percent with less than ninth grade education, ninth to twelfth grade but no diploma or GED; bachelor’s degrees and graduate degrees, and much more);
- Households and family structures (e.g., single mothers with dependent children, non-family households; age ranges of residents);
- Housing issues (e.g., crowding levels, vacancy rates, etc.)
- Poverty by household composition (e.g., married couples, single mothers with children, etc.);
- Public health issues (e.g., child abuse and neglect, deaths from heart disease, cancer, COPD, etc.), both by ZIP Code.
- Veteran population by location and era served.
A PowerPoint presentation about “Concentrated Disadvantage,” the various aspects of poverty that combine to make life in any one location more challenging to overcome, is viewable as a PDF by permission only.